The much-anticipated Force Gurkha has been dispatched in the Indian market at a cost of Rs 13.59 lakh (ex-display area). The new Gurkha was first exhibited at the 2020 Auto Expo, with Force as of late uncovering the creation spec model. Appointments for the new rough-terrain driver have formally started, and as per Force, its conveyances will initiate from October 15.
- The Gurkha includes new inside and outside styling
- It utilizes a 91hp, 2.6-liter diesel motor
- All-wheel drive and physically locking differentials come as standard
The 2021 Force Gurkha depends on a particular design stage and has a more extensive and longer body than previously. It gets another accident agreeable high-strength C-in-C frame, new curl spring suspension on each of the four wheels, and new insides.
In numerous ways, the new Gurkha appears to be like the past model in spite of the whole body shell being new. Despite the fact that there are some vital changes over the more established model, like the new grille, guards, light groups, bigger back windows that Force calls ‘all-encompassing windows’, and a bigger back windshield.
There are even a couple of configuration changes over the model displayed at the Auto Expo, similar to how the front grille currently has ‘Gurkha’ illuminated instead of the Force Logo and it gets another 4x4x4 identification on the back bumper that the previous didn’t.
Insides and Features:
Venturing inside, you’ll notice that the Auto Expo show vehicle’s double tone lodge has been supplanted by a solitary tone dull dark. Nonetheless, the new dashboard configuration is as yet present. To facilitate up the new Gurkha’s allure, various new provisions have been incorporated, for example, another touchscreen infotainment framework with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and Bluetooth support. This is notwithstanding units like slant and adaptive change guiding, individual armrests for the back seats, USB charging attachments for each of the four inhabitants, power windows, focal locking, cooling, LED headlamps with DRLs, mist lights, and cornering lights.
The Gurkha even gets a snorkel as standard from the industrial facility. As far as wellbeing highlights, the Gurkha consents to every one of the flow guidelines with double airbags, ABS, back-stopping sensors, ISOFIX kid seat secures, and surprisingly a tire pressure observing framework. The back seats are additionally forward-looking commander seats, however, they just accompany a lap-style safety belt.
Motor and gearbox
Controlling the new Gurkha is an overhauled variant of the old model’s 2.6-liter, diesel motor that produces 91hp and 250Nm. This motor comes matched to a 5-speed manual gearbox, however, there is no alternative for an auto’ box. Lamentably, the Gurkha Xtreme’s 140hp, 2.2-liter diesel has been dropped from the line-up. As before the new Gurkha likewise gets four-wheel drive with low reach and manual locking front and back differentials.
While the suspension set-up stays unaltered contrasted with the past model, Force claims it has been returned for further developed ride quality. Power likewise expresses that the new Gurkha can cross slants with a grade of up to 35 degrees and has a swimming profundity of 700mm, attributable to the snorkel.
Competiter Price Check
|Gurkha||Thar LX D HT MT|
|Diesel range||Rs 13.59 lakh||Rs 13.68 lakh|
The Force Gurkha’s only real competitor is the new Mahindra Thar. Both off-roaders have recently received major updates, aimed to make them more appealing as lifestyle vehicles, in place of a no-frills off-roader like their predecessors.
- Engine Model – FM 2.6 CR CD BS VI
- No. of Cylinders – 4
- Displacement (CC) – 2596 CC
- Max Power – 91 hp @ 3200 rpm
- Max Torque – 250 Nm @ 1400-2400 rpm
TRANSMISSION & AXLES
- Transmission Type – G28/5 (Manual Synchromesh Gear Box)
- No. of forward gears – 5 Forward and 1 reverse
- Front axle – Live independent
- Rear axle – Live Rigid
- Front Type – Independent double wishbone with coil spring
- Rear Type – Multi-link with Pan hard rod & Coil Spring
- Front Anti-roll Bar & Shock Absorber – Yes
- Rear Anti-roll Bar – Yes
- Brake Type – Dual circuit Hydraulic Brake, vacuum assisted
- Front Brakes – Disc
- Rear Brakes – Drum
- ABS & EBD – Yes
- Steering type – Hydraullically assisted power steering
- Tilt Adjustment – Yes
- Telescopic Adjustment – Yes
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 63 litres
- Air Bag for Driver & Co-Driver – Yes
- Follow me Home & Lead me to Gurkha – Yes
- Rear Parking Sensor – Yes
- One Touch Lane change Indicator – Yes
- Cornering Lamp – Yes
- Speed sensing auto door lock – Yes
- Tyre Pressure monitoring system – Yes
- Front Fog Lamps – Yes
- Full LED Head lamp with DRL – Yes
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- Captain seats with Arm rest for 2nd row passengers – Yes
- Total Cabin space – 3900 Litres
- Multi direction AC vents – Yes
- Power windows – Yes
- Central Locking – Yes
- 12V Accessories Socket in Dashboard – Yes
- Dual USB Socket on Dashboard – Yes
- Dual USB Socket for 2nd row Passengers – Yes
- Second row passengers entry – From Rear